Did you know Excel can sort by color? Let’s say you have a sheet that looks like this:
- Click inside the data area
- Click the Data tab on the ribbon
- Click the Sort button
From the dialog that appears…
- Choose a column to sort by (Last Name, for example).
- From the Sort On drop-down, choose Cell Color.
- Click the Order drop-down and choose one of the colors.
- Click the Add Level button on top, then do this again, ordering by the second color:
Click OK, and the sheet will now be sorted first by the colors you chose, and then alphabetically: